Saturday, April 2, 2011

reflection on module 6

How do I plan to implement research in my classroom is through assessments. I will keep a running record of children's growth in reading accuracy and words perminute on chart that they can put stars on. I hope this chart will motivate children to read more books. The changes I would make in my classroom is to have a chart that children can put stars on. One of the before strategies that I would use in my classroom would be to have students come up with an idea of what they wanted their chart to look like. I would also let the children decide ware they felt the chart should go in the room. I would also let the students write their name on the chart. I want to let the children feel that they have ownership of this chart. A during strategy I would use through creating the chart would be have students in small groups discussing what they thought the chart should look like. They would put their ideas in their journals, so that the whole class can discuss what they want the chart to look like. Another strategy I would use is a compare and contrast diagram. I would use this diagram with students information to see how much of the classes ideas were the same on how the chart should look like. I would give students a chance to change their ideas about the chart as we vote on the finale disition of our chart. The effects this chart has on the class is to help motivate the students to read. This chart will also give the students ownership of their own reading progress. As they see or feel the stars go on the chart they will know that their reading has improved.

1 comment:

  1. To Mary Swanson: It is 10:20 and I am at NSU. My blogger would not let me on. Some how I got on Rachels and it let me do chapter 12. It showes I posted it, However, it has her name at the top. I do not know what I am doing. I only know that I wanted to have something accomplished in the five hours that I have been sitting here reading and working on this chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.